Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In which we actually have progress

desk diorama 2

So this is my life as of late (not pictured: crazy-insane hours at Wal-Mart). I’m gearing up to go on overnights (11:30pm-6:30am) the two weeks before Christmas, so my free time is spent sitting at this table, knitting, chatting online, and listening to music. I had a much-needed day off today in which, after going out for lunch with Elfie, I watched seven episodes of Glee (hello, my name is Wenchfaery, and I am a Gleek!) and knit on my podster gloves. I’ve finished the 2nd finger on the first glove after re-starting them so they should be done pretty soon. I’ve also made ZERO progress on my Christmas knitting. (Well, that’s not entirely true, I’ve made mental progress: I decided that the green yarn in the Slytherin scarf has to go, and I will pick up something more suitable on payday, and I picked out the yarn for the only other project I have to make)

 

I also had a good mail day today:

193396_87d49746c042a140f52e4d7eab738a82

A few weeks ago I won a prize in The KnitGirllls 30th Episode/500 Ravelry Group members celebration: a copy of Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter, one of the few of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee’s books that I didn’t already own, so yay for that! On a related note, if you’re looking for some really awesome knitting videocasts to watch, I highly recommend both The KnitGirllls and Round the Twist with Carin – both very informative and entertaining.

 

I’ve been trying to write this post since 11am, it’s now 12:55am and I’m tapped out. Time to hit post! :D

No comments: