Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Knitting Update!

ATTENTION ABBY AND SARAH! THERE ARE SPOILERS FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS IN THIS POST!

Okay, now that’s out of the way I can show off some pics! First of all, a FINISHED (if unblocked) scarf for Sister #2 (the aforementioned Abby):

Snapshot_20101215_1

(obviously only one end, but you get the idea). The green is Red Heart Super Saver in Medium Thyme, and the grey is Red Heart Soft in Light Grey Heather. All in all a pretty easy knit – even putting on the fringe, which I thought would be SUPER tedious, only really took me 45 minutes or so. I did have to modify the pattern, which is the Year 3-4 Scarf from Charmed Knits – as written it makes a HUGE scarf, and Sister #2 would have been swimming in the thing. Instead of casting on 57 sts, I only did 33, and knit till it was ~46 inches long, instead of 57 (and that was for the SMALL size). So yeah, Christmas knitting is 50% complete! :D

 

And now for the other 50%, I started Elf’s hat today:

Snapshot_20101215

Doesn’t look like much right now, but I’ve just started. No details on the yarn or pattern for now – want most of that to be a surprise for when she gets it. :)

I’m also test-knitting another pattern – this time a cabled stole – for the wonderful Patti Waters of Patti's Patterns (which are also on Ravelry). The sample is already partially knit; I’ll just be finishing it (it’s in Dream in Colour Smooshy, which I LOVE)

I’m on overnights now at the Mart of Wal, and having a GREAT time. You know when you’re overtired and everything is suddenly HILARIOUS? Imagine being in a near-deserted Walmart with people who are equally as slap-happy as you are for seven hours at a time, reading gossip magazines, playing with the musical Christmas stuffed animals, and restocking shelves. We’re very silly.

Okay, time for me to fire up the teakettle and settle in for some Glee and knitting – I’ve got my fingerless gloves on, a lap blanket (actually my Evenstar) and a pair of knitted socks, so I am cozy warm and ready to relax.

No comments: