Sunday, January 24, 2010

I’ve been a busy little faery!

Okay, I have a confession to make. I normally have waaaaay too many projects on the needles – a couple of pairs of socks, a shawl, something long-languishing, but since Christmas I’ve buckled down and for about a day, I had NOTHING on the needles. I finished a TON, so I’ve come to share my works! :)

To start off, I frogged the cowl I mentioned last post – ironically enough, for a pattern called the Impatience Cowl, I got bored with it and tore it out, so I have a skein of Dream in Colour Starry, colour Black Parade, to work with.

I also joined a Crochet-Along. I made the mistake of crocheting one of the Christmas gifts this year, which clearly demonstrated that my crochet skills are weak. It’s a crochet block a month, and after the 12 months, you sew ‘em all together and you get an afghan! There are technically 3 going at the same time – one made out of 12” squares from Ravelry, one from 6” squares from Ravelry, and one from 12” squares from Craftster.

January Ravelry Square (  Ravelry Link | Off-Rav Link )

square1

January Craftster Square ( Ravelry Link | Off-Rav Link )

square2

I haven’t done the 6'” square yet – a little more difficult than the other two, so I’m having a bit of an issue. But, I’ll be trying again soon.

Next up was a pair of socks, out of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight, in Green-Eyed Monster.  The pattern is Mystery Sock ‘09 ( Ravelry Link )

greeneyedmonster

 

The pattern was SO FUN to knit up – the patterning is around the top of the cuff, down either side of the leg, and on top of the foot, so it’s a little different from most sock patterns, and in the mediumweight it knit up really fast. I’m probably going to make these ones again.

 

Next up was my mitten project for the year – I had a green scarf (the Icarus), a greet hat (Baroness Beret), and a white hat (Raisin Beret – a failed Christmas gift I ended up keeping for myself), so I figured I needed green and white mitts to balance out the set, as it were.

Enter, the Totoro Mitten! ( Ravelry Link )

totoromitts

My first successful, completed fair-isle project – okay, it’s a little wonky, but the second one was much better, I promise. I’m officially in love with fair-isle, as fiddly as it was. Here’s a shot of the palm:

IMG_2888_medium

Then I had a crazy-productive finishing weekend, and made/finished the following three items.

Gaenor, in STR Lightweight, colour Storey-time ( Ravelry Link | Off-Rav Link )

gaenorwideshot

gaenoredging

 

Aquaphobia Socks, in CJ Kopec Creations’ Pandamonium, color Hello Kitty ( Ravelry Link | Off-Rav Link )

hellokitty

 

5-Hour Baby Sweater in Cascade 220, colour 9863 ( Ravelry Link | Off-Rav Link )

babysweater

And then, a few days later, I finished these socks:

Fawkes in Handmaiden Casbah Sock, colour Sangria ( Ravelry Link )

fawkes

Aaaand that’s all so far. Phew! Thanks for bearing with me there. So after all of this finishing, what am I working on now? I’ve just cast on the My Vampire Boyfriend socks in Fibranatura Yummy, a red-brown-purple colour that kind of looks like bruises and dried blood (I figured that was fitting). I’m also going to be casting on for the Evenstar Mystery Shawl Knitalong – the first clue doesn’t come out til February 12th, but I have to re-dye my yarn and knit the swatch before then, so I’ll be working on it soon.

Okay, it’s almost 3am, and I’m all tapped out. Happy knitting everyone! :)

No comments: