Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Woohoo! An Accomplishment!



That, ladies and gents, is one half of one Christmas Knitting project, completed! I know, it might not seem like much, but it is real, measurable progress, and that's what matters. That is the Handschmeichler pattern ( on Rav | off Rav ) done in Estelle Arequipa. I've lost the ballband, but the colourway is light pink, green, and blue (when they're done, I'll take a colour-correct, non webcam pic so you can see the colours better). I'm not going to cast on the second one quite yet, as I will see the recipient (ie, the Elf) later today, and I want her to try it on to make sure it fits. So next on the docket is either Sister #1's hat, or Mom's skate guards - yes, you read that right, I am knitting (and felting) skate guards. She just got a new bag to carry her skates in (my mother is big into ice skating), but she's afraid her blades will cut up the bag, and apparently the rubber/plastic guards aren't good for your skates because they trap moisture and will cause the blade to dull and rust. I'll be using Patons Classic Merino, and Babe from the Winter '06 Knitty ( on Rav | off Rav ) I've also frogged and re-started last post's "super-sekrit-can't-knit-at-home-'cause-it's-for-my-husband-for-Christmas" - I had the bright idea to actually it on him, and it totally did not fit, so they're a)not so super-sekrit anymore, and b)on larger needles now. So I'm knitting the Herringbone Rib socks ( on Rav | off Rav-need an account at Knitting Daily ) in Lornas Laces Shepherd Sock, colourway Edgewater. Pictures when there's some appreciable amount of knitting done on them - I just re-cast on yesterday at work.

Okay, it's almost noon, and even though it's my day off I should probably peel myself away from the computer. Ciao! :)

No comments: