Sunday, March 30, 2008

Still plugging away.

WIP: Claw Socks (for scale)

YES, this is still the FIRST SOCK. *dies* The huge swaths of purling were a baaaad idea - the damn thing is taking FOREVER knit. But I'm only an inch or so away from the ribbing at the top of the cuff. The Snapping Turtle Skirt isn't coming along much faster - I'm on hexagon 10/24, although I learned that I can knit one in a night, if so inclined. I've fallen out of love with both projects, and they are the only ones I have on the needles right now. I need a quick fix, something for ME that will get me more motivated. Any suggestions?

I don't have a whole lot more to report on, so here are some more pictures to tide you over:

WIP: Snapping Turtle Skirt

WIP: Claw Socks (Detail)

This last picture is the hat I made for my mother for Christmas - I was at her house for Easter, and happened to see it sitting on a doll in the back porch on my way out, so I snapped a quick picture.

FO: Secret Garden Tam

Okay, I'm off to my Ravelry page to see what I've got queued and favourited - maybe I'll get some inspiration from there.

No comments: