Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm here, I promise!

So what's new in the land of Wenchfaery? Well, the biggest news is that I have a new job! Wooooo! :D I'm working at Wal-Mart - and before you say anything, I absolutely LOVE IT there. I work at the Courtesy Desk (Customer Service/returns) and it's 1,000,000x better than my old job. More money, more respect, and I simply enjoy the work more than the old job. So yay!

However, a downside of starting a new job (started the day after Labour Day) is that I'm a little worn out - I'm walking to and from work (2km each way) and it's a go-go-go kind of job, so I don't have a lot of energy left at the end of the day. Knitting has fallen by the wayside a bit - in the last month, I've made two socks (two different socks, each from a different pair) and a hat. But I'm finally settling into the groove of things at the Mart of Wal, so I'm hoping to have more energy to knit in the coming weeks (especially since Sister #2 has requested a Gryffindor scarf for Christmas this year *gulp*). I'm also hoping to get Sister #3's surprise gift finished before the 9th of November (she's going in for surgery, and I want to send something along with her), but that's crochet, so a different part of my craft-brain.

Tomorrow is - thankfully - my daaaay oofffff, wooo! I'm hoping to work on my long-abandonded Kristi socks which, according to Rav I started in March - at least I'm on the second sock? I only have four projects on the needles right now (which is pretty low for me) - Kristi, a pair of plain stockinette socks, socks that I'm testknitting for Welshmillie, and Landon, the Jordana Paige sweater I started in FEBRUARY (why yes, I let things languish, how did you know?) Do you think I can get it done to wear this winter?

No comments: