Monday, February 11, 2008

Wow!

As of this posting, I have 100 Comments on my OWOH entry! Thank you to everyone for entering - and remember, you do have until MIDNIGHT EST ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH to enter. Just scroll on down to the entry below this one!

In other news, I've been working on a crocheted octopi commission the past few days - the recipient wants to give them to her man for Valentine's Day, so I've got to get them to her ASAP. I'm just sewing the little legs on, and they'll be done. I've also been working on the Snapping Turtle skirt - on hexagon 4! Only 2 more to go and I will be done the first row! Elfie saw it for the first time last night, and she loves it - good thing, after all of the waiting and how long it will take me to knit the thing. I also made a fancy turtle-shaped cake for Elfie's birthday last week - pictures to come later tonight (I wanna get the octis done and do all of my picture uploading at once). I'm doing almost all of my knitting and crocheting when I'm at work, which is kind of sad. I really need to start it at home again.

A question - I'm thinking of getting into making sets of stitch markers, and I want to make them themed. So far, my ideas are fairy tale things, sheep and other fiber-producing animals, flowers, and a 'geek flag' series inspired by Lime and Violet (and Alcariel). Do these sound interesting at all to anyone?

No comments: